Before using Pentana, AGC Europe utilised a diverse set of tools, which included; MS Office, Sharepoint, Livelink and ACL for tests. With this came a number of issues for AGC Europe, namely a lack of structure, data stored in several shared areas, use of several files, no efficient follow-up tools, complex access management and no common platform.
It was, therefore, of paramount importance for the internal audit function at AGC Europe to meet the following objectives:
- To ensure use of a common platform;
- To guarantee harmony in the audit approach across the different teams and sites;
- To enhance the quality of audit trails;
- To extend audit assurance;
- To increase productivity;
- To increase visibility on work in progress;
- To improve ease of use and control of audit material accessibility;
- To enable cross region harmonisation; and
- To enable a timely follow-up and increase visibility on audit universe coverage.
A spokesperson for the AGC Corp Internal Audit EU office (ACIA EU office), explained: “We had selected four different products, including Pentana and attended product presentations and obtained demo access. Based on a SWOT analysis, Pentana was selected for the following reasons:
- Suitability and efficiency of the tool
- Ease of delivering customisations
- Support for the Japanese language
- Competitive pricing
We would recommend Ideagen’s Pentana software because we have found it to be competitively priced. The installation went very well and with ease and the tool itself is dynamic, comprehensive, available in several languages, user friendly and intuitive.ACIA EU office spokesperson
- Implements a consistent methodology compliant with international risk and auditing standards
- Simplifies global deployment with installation from a website and automatic updates downloaded without user intervention
- Optimises performance for use over a wide range of network speeds as well as working off-line to provide a true global working environment for GRC professionals
- Pentana can equally be used for Enterprise Risk Management, SOX compliance, investigations, Health and Safety or any application where risk assessment and centralised
How did Pentana increase audit insurance for AGC Europe?
The ACIA EU office spokesperson detailed where Ideagen’s Pentana Software has made a difference in the business. They said: “Pentana is used daily for audit preparation, audit fieldwork, audit trails, report generation and audit follow-up. With Pentana, templates are automatically copied into the audit file at the moment of the audit creation, which saves us time and ensures the use of the correct template. The work allocation is done directly in the system and it is easy to filter each task.
“Moreover, the fieldwork progress is visible in one snapshot as auditors mark the parts they have performed as ‘completed’. Findings are entered once which enables reports to be generated automatically. Actions can be tracked through the system and easily analysed based on due dates or other parameters.”
AGC Europe also felt strongly that the tool was very flexible for the user when it comes to defining the audit universe, populating the steps library, the risks & controls library and the reports library, and configuring the terminology and pick lists.
As a result, the implementation and use of Pentana enabled a wide range of benefits including:
- Harmonisation and standardisation of the audit approach;
- Increasing productivity and efficiency of the auditor;
- Increasing audit assurance;
- Increasing quality and completeness of audit trails;
- Improving visibility on audit progress for management;
- Centralising audit material and;
- Facilitating efficient action follow-up.
The ACIA EU office spokesperson concluded: “We would recommend Ideagen’s Pentana software because we have found it to be competitively priced. The installation went very well and with ease and the tool itself is dynamic, comprehensive, available in several languages, user friendly and intuitive.”
With Pentana, templates are automatically copied into the audit file at the moment of the audit creation, which saves us time and ensures the use of the correct template.ACIA EU office spokesperson
About AGC Europe
AGC Europe is a Belgium based branch of AGC Group, the world’s largest producer of flat glass. The company processes and distributes its products for the construction (external glazing and interior decorative glass), the automotive (original & replacement glass) and the solar sectors. The company employs 14500 staff and has over 100 sites throughout Europe; from Spain to Russia.
Implemented by Sepia Solutions
Sepia Solutions implemented Pentana at AGC, trained key users developed automated MS Word reports and MS Excel import templates. We take care of the complete project from A to Z. This includes technical installation, training of key users, automating reports and development of customisation with technical support afterwards.
This could become your story too
This success story clearly illustrates how the Ideagen Pentana software is user-friendly, supports all aspects of the audit process and allows for flexible reporting. If you wish to learn more about Pentana and how it can support your audit department, invite us for on-site presentation at your offices. No costs, no obligations only additional insights.
This success story was originally published in PDF format in October 2014.